TechSpot

Crucial ATI Radeon9700Pro-Possibility long time ad Crucial would give one for review

By Arris
Oct 3, 2002
Post New Reply
  1. Crucial ATI Radeon 9700 Pro-Possibility our sponser Crucial would give one for review

Just wondering if this might be at all possible as I would be very interested in the performance of this GPU running on Crucial 2.6ns ram. I imagine this would be a great card and I would be considering an upgrade to one if at the special 10% discounted online price (£236 in UK) it was found to be a very special pairing ;)

Just a thought since Crucial have been a sponser/advertiser since I came to 3ds/TechSpot. Maybe worth a try to see if they would consider it since I haven't seen any reviews of their version of the 9700 Pro anywhere yet... well I haven't looked but it only appeared on the website about a week ago...

2. Vehementi

Vehementi TechSpot Paladin Posts: 3,199

Good idea. Then we can give it away in another contest :rolleyes:

3. TS | Crazyace

TS | Crazyace TS Rookie Posts: 329

Give it away!?!@?!@? Awwww.....

4. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,593   +352

We are in the talks with Crucial hopefully in order to receive one of their R9700 cards for evaluation :cool:

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Topic Starter Posts: 4,601   +110

Thats great news. I'm sure if the card is good with crucial onboard then having a review and ads on Techspot should sell truckloads of them ;)

6. Arris

PCStats review of the Crucial 9700 Pro

Apparently its using 2.8 ns Samsung BGA DRAM and not Crucial Ram... Well its still and impressive price and it has Crucial's reputation behind it.

7. Th3M1ghtyD8

Th3M1ghtyD8 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 794

Its also at a nice price compared to most of the other R9700s i've seem at £270+ - £237.59 is pretty cheap

EDIT:- when I read it I missed that it Excluded VAT - knew it looked too good an offer

8. Arris

Now Crucial are offering the 9700 Pro for £226.79...
    Vat: £39.69
    Estimated Total due Crucial: £266.48

Well worth the cash!!!!

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.