Crucial Ballistix Sport VS Tactical

childofthetao

Hi, does anyone know about these two rams? Ihave ordered the Sport, but then I discovered the Tactical with tighter timings. When the sports arrive I'm thinking of returning them so I can get the Tacticals.

I will be using the RAM for gaming and rendering (blender). Will I notice a difference between the two? What should I get?

Thanks

I don't think you will notice a difference, other than benchmark numbers. You would probably be wasting your time over a desire.

This link from LinusTechTips is why I said what I did. And that is looking at graphs, the noticeable difference would be even less.

High Speed RAM - Is it Worth it? DDR3 1333MHz vs 2400MHz Test

Agreed with @cliffordcooley, Ram speeds do not make much of a difference except in benchmarking and a few applications/games. If your running an APU then it is key but normally for the average gaming rig, the standard 1600 with cas Latency 9 is more than enough. As long as you have that, I would not worry, I have 1866 ram with Cas Latency 9 and honestly the difference is not noticeable from my 1600 with cas latency 9.

Back