TechSpot

Crucial Ballistix Sport VS Tactical

By childofthetao
Jan 20, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Hi, does anyone know about these two rams? Ihave ordered the Sport, but then I discovered the Tactical with tighter timings. When the sports arrive I'm thinking of returning them so I can get the Tacticals.

I will be using the RAM for gaming and rendering (blender). Will I notice a difference between the two? What should I get?

Thanks

2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,124   +1,523

I don't think you will notice a difference, other than benchmark numbers. You would probably be wasting your time over a desire.

hopgop1 likes this.
  3. childofthetao

childofthetao TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 216

I hope you're right, because I've decided to stick with the Sports.

4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 6,124   +1,523

GhostRyder likes this.
  5. GhostRyder

GhostRyder TS Evangelist Posts: 2,265   +541

Agreed with @cliffordcooley, Ram speeds do not make much of a difference except in benchmarking and a few applications/games. If your running an APU then it is key but normally for the average gaming rig, the standard 1600 with cas Latency 9 is more than enough. As long as you have that, I would not worry, I have 1866 ram with Cas Latency 9 and honestly the difference is not noticeable from my 1600 with cas latency 9.

cliffordcooley likes this.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.