TechSpot

Cryptic tweets suggest Android 4.4 KitKat could launch on October 28

By Shawn Knight
Oct 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. A pair of tweets from the Twitter account @itKat have fueled speculation that Google's next Android refresh, controversially dubbed KitKat, is set to launch later this month. Specifically, many believe we could see the new software -- and perhaps a...

Read more

2. OneSpeed

OneSpeed TS Addict Posts: 251   +73

Why is Kit Kat controversial?

3. Excellent question my friend

4. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Because it is the brand of a product already, not a generic term like every other release.

Jad Chaar likes this.
  5. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,754   +1,107

It's more interesting? Who knows. The fact that it's a brand name was settled in the very first story about Kit Kat. They talked to Nestle and got permission, the 'controversy' was over before it started.

And please let's not start playing C&C Music Factory... it's still too early. We're just getting around to disco with daft punk and I think it's still too early for that. Although I will go on record saying I'm completely ok with skipping ahead to a 90's hit and ignoring the previous decade just in case someone thinks Jessie's Girl would make a good Android promotion.

6. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

So K is no longer 'key lime pie' but is officially 'kit kat' and L is now 'lime pie' ? ( seriously, I forgot how/when google made the naming switch for K and I have no idea what L will be.)

7. rvnwlfdroid

rvnwlfdroid TS Booster Posts: 136   +23

Licorice?

8. L = lemon juice

9. misor

misor TS Evangelist Posts: 1,163   +197

typo error. not sure where to report. 'kitkit' in a philippine local language means to nibble.