Crysis Demo Locking Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolvman

I really need help with this one. I just recently download the crysis demo and can't play it for more than a few minutes without my computer locking up completely. My mouse doesn't move, my keyboard doesn't respond, and it plays whatever sound it was playing when it locked up over and over again about ten thousand times a second. The only way to stop it is to restart my computer using the actual button. I updated my drivers today when I got the demo and my Computer's Tempeture is running at 36C degrees without a game running. When I start up crysis it runs at about 55C+ degrees (I can't really tell exactly how hot it is getting when I actually begin the gameplay but at the main menu it is 55 degrees). I have 7 fans in my computer and I play the game with the lowest settings it lets me play on. I also scanned my computer for spybots and adware (not virusses yet) and got nothing.

Here are my PC stats:
6800 GT Nvidia
AMD Athlon 3200
250 GIG hardrive
Sound Blaster Live! 24-Bit (7.1 Surround Sound Speakers)
350+ Watt Power Supply (don't exactly remember exact wattage)

Hope I gave enough info and that someone out there can help. Thanks

Hi Wolvman,u didn't mention your ram,anyway i assume u've atleast 1gig.same type of problem used to happen to me when i tried to play oblivion before upgrading my pc and cause of this sort of problem is not meeting a high system requirement.anyway,my brother is gearing up to play crysis on his pc with geforce 6200,2.4ghz p4 and 512mb ram....sounds funny eh?

Oh ya, I forgot about that. I actually have 1.5 gigs and I am running Windows Xp 32-bit. As for your brothers computer system I really don't think it is going to run Crysis that well :rolleyes: heh. My PC lags slightly when I am playing in 800 by 600 Resolution with evrything set to low lol. Still I want to figure out why it keeps locking up without having to spend all of my money.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

I never uninstalled any of my drivers because I thought it did it for me when I install new ones. I guess I'll delete them myself and then install the new ones on your link and see if that helps.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Wolvman, you may need to check your soundblaster drivers. maybe its time for an update. I think the soundblaster live 24bit has been out for a while and if you havent updated in a while (or at all) that may be worth a try.

Well, I installed the new display drivers after deleting my old one and it still does it. Once I find the soundblaster drivers I'll try to get those too. Any links for them?

I found the sound blaster Aug 1 update and it still locks-up my computer. I wonder if it may be my bios or something but I can't figure out how to update my motherboard. It is an Asus K8n-Sli Premium and I downloaded the newest bios version but it only gave me a .bin file. Also I know for a fact that it isn't my display drivers or my RAM. I have tested four differrent display drivers and non of them have affected it. As for my RAM I tested three differrent RAM sticks and it didn't affect the locking-up either.

Here's another try at your problem. Have you overclocked any of your hardware? gfx card, memory, processor? assuming you know how to and have a clocked pc, try getting back to moddest numbers and see if thats it. Hey, its a shot in the dark, but you gotta jab at something, right? Oh, updating your bios calls for a little more care btw. besides i really dont think thats it.

Is your ram on the asus recomended list? I have an asus and know how awkward they can be. I ran Crysis demo erlier on and altho it was slow, it ran.

Please be very specific about what ram you have ans what is in each slot.

I actually hadn't overclocked anything. I just now overclocked a little though (still after I had already been having the locking-up) because someone had told me they fixed theirs by overclocking slightly. It didn't work for me :( . As for the RAM question all of the RAM I used is a differrent brand each (but they do work together). I tried them all together, one at a time, and in differrent order so I doubt it is that. I know atleast one of those HAS to be compatible with ASUS so that shouldn't be the problem either.

Mixing ram brands is a bad idea on an asus mobo. Many many people have done so in the past and had problems. I suspect that IS the root of your problem.

rik said:
Mixing ram brands is a bad idea on an asus mobo. Many many people have done so in the past and had problems. I suspect that IS the root of your problem.
Ya but I tried them each by themselves as well so it still had the problem without mixing them.

So, den....i mean wolvman.... Have you had any luck whatsoever?

I believe it is because of certain special effects/graphics or sound causing this. There should be a .ini file somewhere in there. If you will send it to me (copied of course) I could find some of the optional options and send you the replacement file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back