Not open for further replies.

Punkid

ok here the thing,my friend recently bought a PC and here are the spcs:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q8200 @ stock speed
2x2GB RAM
Intel DG35EC motherboard
500 GB Western Digital HDD
XFX GeForce 9800GT

how many FPS do u think he shud get on 'Gamer' setting in crysis warhead? he only gets an avg of around 16 fps with gamer settings,isnt that very low for those specs?
could it be because of the power supply?

even i get around 26FPS on Mainstream settings on my own PC(check the specs on the top right of this post) which i think is decent for the specs of my pc...and we both are runing the same OS

not really punkid,
there is a big difference between gamer and mainstream resource wise in crysis warhead. and the 9800GT is not such a strong card. im surprised you get 26 FPS with a 9500gt, that's a weak card for gaming

That is pretty low. I get about 35-40FPS at 1440x900 on my current card, which isn't THAT more powerful than his.

I doubt it's due to the PSU though. Does he have the 6-pin connector plugged into the card? Also, tell him to try cleaning all traces of the NVIDIA drivers from his system using Driver Sweeper (available here) and reinstall the latest drivers for his OS. Tell him to update his motherboard's chipset drivers as well.

not really punkid,
there is a big difference between gamer and mainstream resource wise in crysis warhead. and the 9800GT is not such a strong card. im surprised you get 26 FPS with a 9500gt, that's a weak card for gaming

Red maybe he's a fan of thageneral, lol.

Oh and what resolution are you playing crysis at, I'm guessing you're using a 17 inch monitor or something to get 26 + fps.

Oh and what resolution are you playing crysis at, I'm guessing you're using a 17 inch monitor or something to get 26 + fps.

:haha: yeah.... im thinking super,
did you get a load of the latest "so you only have pci" post's by tha general?

LOL :haha:.

Yes your framerates are low, but your card is decent, you probably have some messed up settings.

Go into the graphics options, turn off Anti-Aliasing if it's on. Reset your NVidea control panel if that doesn't help.

thanks for the advice...oh and supersmash ive got a 17' moniter at 1440*900 resolution...

Yeah i figured you did, because there's no way you can get those kind of constant fps with a larger monitor/resolution. Only advise I have is to buy a gtx 250, or a 4870 to get more fps, but your cpu is another cause of your low fps, but not the main reason. The clock rate isnt that high on that cpu.

if i had the money i'd go and buy a core i7 mate , but im broke really bad :p dont get any pocket money these days either :|

The clock rate isn't the problem IMO, it's the cache. 1MB of cache per core makes it equivalent to having a lower-clocked quad-core version of the E5200. Not bad, but extra cache will show a noticeable improvement in game performance.

I have an E4600 with 2mb of cache, one per core, I get almost 100 fps on my overclocked 9600gt on medium and low resolutions. On high, I normally get around 40 - 50.

na resolution is the most important thing for me,i'd rather turn all the settings to lowest rather than lowering the resolution

hey Rage_3K_Moiz,
i asked my friend he doesnt have any 6pin connecter connected to the card

Then tell him to do so; without the connector, the card will underperform. It's a wonder it's even running the game.

The PCI-E connector is the one in this picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back