CS 1.4 IS RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
um...how about a link, some information about it, what CS is, where it can be downloaded or if it can be downloaded. How about some info at all? Thanks for the title though :approve:

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8

That means the web will come to a standstill again then :)

No kidding, I hate it when this sort of stuff happens. Cause it takes FOREVER to get in the queue to get the download in the first place. But that is what is expected with a game that millions enjoy playing online.

CounterStrike1.4 seems to be out now.

The only problem is the whole web has crawled to a stand still because of it.

Does anyone know of any good mirrors where I can d/l it?

me too looking for mirror, and i am waiting @ fileplanet

There are currently 3717 people in line.
Estimated wait before download starts:
195 minutes

damn i hate the new fileplanet, it just keep you waiting.

The only way you can get what you want from Fileplanet without having to wait forever is to subscribe. The people who pay supposedly don't have long waits and get superfast servers to dl from

Yeah, or if you have your own ways you can get it in little time at all. I got it last night in about 15 minutes :) I am just wondering now how long it is gonna be until they make cheats for this. I HATE that. That is the reason I quit playing last year. My roommate and I were talking about how someone will probalbly come out with a cheat that makes you look like a dead body, but you can still be alive and shoot people. That would be funny, until everyone got a hold of it and used it. Then I would probably just quit playing again.

i download the game from a site with no wait. It went at 73 kb/s. let me go find the link and ill post it back...

There are some things i dont like about this game:

1. Easily tired men

Im a phat man and i dont get tired after i jump once...if they wanted to maket his game realistic by adding this feature, then their attempt has failed. If i wanted it to be realistic, i'd join the army, it can't get any more realistic than that!

2. Camera angles when dead

Some of the new angles are cool, but i dont like how it does a swoop effect around ur body when you die. I liked the way it used to be better, its hard to tell who killed u and from where now...

Originally posted by PHATMAN5050
There are some things i dont like about this game:

1. Easily tired men

Im a phat man and i dont get tired after i jump once...if they wanted to maket his game realistic by adding this feature, then their attempt has failed. If i wanted it to be realistic, i'd join the army, it can't get any more realistic than that!

2. Camera angles when dead

Some of the new angles are cool, but i dont like how it does a swoop effect around ur body when you die. I liked the way it used to be better, its hard to tell who killed u and from where now...

The first point is simply a drastic way to stop bunny jumpers. I was really annoying when you wouldn't even leave your base & have people from the other team allready at the bomb site, etc...

As for the second, it's actually easier to see who shot you & from where since the camera goes straight to that person after you died. What I do now is I use the First Persion View in spectator mode, that way I can see from where my killer was shooting & also who he plans to shoot next.;)

There are many small changes to CS 1.4 & it's pretty cool because it started getting tired. I don't think this upgrade will make it last another year but at least a few months.

the bunny hopping issue was fixed in the last release. So what they have done now is simply retarted, i think they are going for realistic like phat said, atleast if they are gonna leave the limited jumping, make it so you can jump atleast 2 times, now if you are running and you jump it slows you down. I cant even get on boxes to go through windows i have to jump, wait, jump, wait, its ridiculous.

I think this upgrade will last 3-5 months, no one likes it and there are several features which are going to frustrate people into disliking the game. I get frustrated already with those GIANT hit boxes....

Ruined CS

With the release of 1.4 they have ruined Counter-Strike... I have been playing since beta 5 and this is the worst one yet. They made all the guns way too powerful and whatever... I dont mind the getting rid of bunny hopping because I never used it and I hated the n00bs that did. They shouldnt have messed with the rest of it... There are no words to describe how mad I am about it... *sigh* The new maps really really suck for it too...

Yeah, i hope they come out with another version soon. There is one thing i really like though: First person viewing. We can now see who is using the cheats more effectively. If the person has his crosshair on the person the WHOLE time even with the other person shooting back and jumping and moving around, then we have a cheater, or an unbelievably leet cs player.

So how are all the CS players finding 1.4...
I only played the 1.4 Steam based beta but I have read a few sites detailing crashing back to the desktop, very slow game menus and some other problems. The back to desktop crash has a suggested fix of putting -noaudiocd or -nocdaudio after the command line that launches half life (i.e. C:\Sierra\HalfLife\HL.exe -game cstrike -noipx -nocdaudio).

I quite like CS 1.4, seems a lot better than 1.3.

The New maps are fairly good as well.

The new spectator mode is cool, especially since I spend a lot of time dead.

Originally posted by Th3M1ghtyD8
I quite like CS 1.4, seems a lot better than 1.3.

The New maps are fairly good as well.

The new spectator mode is cool, especially since I spend a lot of time dead.

lol, same here....
i just sit and look around most of the time.
still don't know how people become that good...

A map which is on Steam but not MOD or Retail IS de_piranesi . Bet u didnt know that! CS is still a top game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back