TechSpot

CS: Can't see text in game

By thewoosterisroot
Apr 14, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So yeah, i bought counter-strike and condition zero (dl it), twice. BAsically, i can't see hardly any text in game, no messages, not the menus, nothing, just random symbols and such, help? The game works fine, except for that ;)

*note* I just recently purchase a completely new setup: The new pentium D 805 and a MSI (intel 945 gm2) mobo. I was wondering if that could have something with it (I'm using onboard video), as in, mabye my hardware is to new and doesn't suppor certain features/games. I've played a couple newer games, they ran fine mostly. Thanks guys :)

MSI mobo (intel 945 Gm2)
    Pentium D 805 smithsfield core (2.66 ghz)
    512 Corsair valueselect DDR2 667 pc 5300
    300 seagate hd

2. DaProffessaT34

DaProffessaT34 TS Rookie Posts: 50

It might not be your video card. It probably a virus that changed the language or just did that. I suggest reinstall your computer that should do it. But im not sayin it will work.

3. thewoosterisroot

thewoosterisroot TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 234

hmmm....Mabye, but i don't think so. I keep my computer exceptionally clean of viruses and such, and besides, it plays just about anything else just fine. It seems to be something very specific to Counter-strike, and besides, i've had to run windows repair a time or two already., heh, that sucked. But now my commpy is working just fine (mostly). So yeah, i really don't think it could be a virsus, possible i guess though...

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.