cs dod fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
this can be caused by two things:

the first is easily solved, go into your video card settings (right click on desktop > properties > settings > advanced, and then disable vsynch.

The other thing is a lot of monitors run at 60 Hz refresh rate, which is 60 times asecond thus limiting your FPS to 60. So you can again rigth click on desktop >properties > settings > advanced and root around in there till you find refresh rates and set the one you use for CS to be higher than 60.

Of course you probably won't notice one bit of difference after you do this as 60 fps is quite fast enough for the human eye

Originally posted by poertner_1274
or in your console type fps_max 100

I do believe by default, HL sets the fps_max to 72 so that wouldn't explain the 60 fps. You also need to find out if your monitor supports Refresh Rates above 60hz at the resolution you're using.

O I thought it was defaulted to 60. I know when I upped my fps_max to 100 it changed my fps from 60 to about 85. Didn't change anything else. Oh well you might be right.....but it certainly won't hurt anything.

Half Life default is 72 FPS.

If you disable V-Sync, you should get the maximum your card can push.

On newer ATI cards however, i have Vsync on, AA up highest, everything maxed in a 1280x1024 res getting 100fps all the time.

ATI for teh winz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back