CS Help plz

By Nonameforme
Mar 26, 2007
  1. I have just boughten a new computer a gateway w/ an intel graphic media accelerator X3000. Whenever i open steam, and try play any CS games it says unknown videocard, and i don' t know what to do plz help. Thanks!
  2. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

This is not source right? I dont think it will run on an x300.

1.6 should however.

Try updating your drivers buy going to and picking your OS and your Card on the menu.

Are you running Vista by chance?
  3. Nonameforme

Nonameforme TS Rookie Topic Starter

I upgraded my drivers. I'm not running vista, only windows xp. I get 1.6 to open and join a server, but everything is extremely laggy. I can't play its so laggy. I have the resolution at 1280x1024, and i've triod everything else. I run every other game fine mainel World of Warcraft. i was wondering if my problems with1.6, and not being able to play source would be fixed if i upgraded my video card and got a PCI express card or something else. Thankss
  4. AtK SpAdE

AtK SpAdE TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,495

Have you tried a lower resolution (even if it is not native) just to see if you can get it run? Try somethin rather low 800x600 or something of the like.

I am running out of ideas, hopefully someone else will have something.
  5. Nonameforme

Nonameforme TS Rookie Topic Starter

I will try that, but i put another post in another section, and they said i probably just need a new video card. But i will try the 800 resolution. Thank You
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.