CS low fps

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i first installed CS:1.6 on this it ran just fine and i got descent fps on every map. Now i only get descent fps in spawn points and its horrible when i go into open areas. Not to mention on custom maps its even worse. I get 60fps max in spawn, 40fps in normal areas, and about 20fps on custom maps. I want to upgrade this computer but i dunno wut i should put in this thing. I prolly cant go over 150 dollars and i would liek to run higher end games like HL2. If you could give me specific ideas on wut to upgrade and what to buy. Thank You

Specs:

Harddrive - 18.64 GB
Video Card
Model: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400
Sound Card
Manufacturer: VIA Technologies, Inc.
Model: VIA AC'97 Audio Controller (WDM)
Memory (RAM)
Capacity: 768 MB

If that's an agp slot, I recommend the MX 5200,5500,5700 or the 6600 256 MB. It would help if you can tell us your processor speed and brand too. Delete all your drivers and all files that has something to do with your drivers, delete your game, run a disk defragment, then re-install the newest drivers and re-install the game. I think that should help a little bit. For half-life 2, you're almost hopeless. If you really want to play half-life 2, then you gotta get a totally revamped system and I can recommend you one if you want.

i am having similar problems with CS 1.6 i used to have fps of about 250 now it struggles to get 60.. no idea why...

any deas

i have an INSPIRON 9100 Laptop with ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9700 128mbit graphics... 3.4ghz processor... any ideas to help? im stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back