CS runs very bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

eSky

Hi there, the storie is that i played few months ago and cs was fine, it had ~360 fps, runned smoothly, but now, i only get 60 with opengl and it runs SLOW, when i turn left and right i see like my pc sucks, when such games as UT2004 and Total Overdose runs perfect :(
My system specs are
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3200+
System Memory: 512 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GS (256 MB)
Sound: C-Media 6501 like sound device
DirectX: 9.0c
Paging: 1.4gb
If anyone had the same problem and solved, please share the solution :( Thnx in advance.

Defragment your PC. Run virus/spyware scans. Lower you setting to the lowest the can go and see how it runs.

There is no way CS should run that slow on your PC.

Yeah, like wolfram noted, think back to what you changed about your computer before and between the performance change. Also, did the number of processes in the Task Manager change since you noticed this performance drop? From experience and your explanation, it sounds like you may have installed/tweaked settings of some sort. But it also can be a virus, so just check just incase because that would be the more serious case.

Thank you for your tips. i have scanned my pc using newest KasperSky Anti-Virus definitions, but it didn't detected anything, also using OutPost Spy ware Detector, it didn't find anything bad too, i defragment my pc weekly, i have only changed this soft as i can remember:
Upgraded my XP to SP2 ( it didn't had any before )
and winpcap had version 3.5, now 4.0.
all other soft was before as i know, only maybe games changed a bit, some new games was installed. i forgot to mention that, my FPS is "locked" at 59-60, nor less, nor more, changing resolution/graphics doesn't effect it :/

Your FPS is locked because you may have enabled V-sync ;) Disable it, and your FPS will increase :)

umm

ummm, how to do that? :D i didn't find such option in CS settings :/ some kind of command in Console? :/

It's in the nvidia control panel :) I don't know how to change it, because I don't have a nvidia card ;)

It should be in the same place where you change AA & AF, etc...

Hmm, do you think you added Vsync? Go to your options panel and turn that Off.

Vsync lowers the FPS to your Monitor's refresh rate, Like on oblivion my PC ( Befor I sold them ) could handle games atlike 280fps then when I put vsync it'll stay only at 85

Thanks! i found in Nvidia panel the Vertical Sync and it was application-controlled mode, so i used manual and ticked OFF :) and it worked, now i get ~200 on actions scenes. Thanks this forums, Thank you repliers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back