TechSpot

CS:S connection problems...

By asda653
Dec 28, 2005
  1. puke: ever since I got the latest update, steam has been ****ting on me. HL2 Deathmatch froze on startup, making me restart my comp. later, that problem went away. now, I can enter CS:S but when I try to join a game it shows the status bar and it stays on "Connecting" for a bit, then it says "Connection failed after 4 retries". now, I thought it might be the server i was trying to connect to so I tried a bunch of different servers and EVERY ONE of them didn't connect. something here must be screwed up. is there anything you think I can do to resolve this problem?

ps. I tried turning off my antivirus program, no difference. I also tried telling valve but there has been no response..

EDIT: I recently noticed it would only do that on custom maps.. still, custom maps are a big part of my CS:S repretoire (sp?)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.