CS:S, FPS. Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is my first post, and not the best way to introduce myself to this community, but I have been stressed to my peak. I can't stand it any longer. I need help.

I have had this problem ever since I built my PC, and frankly, I'm sick of it.

In Counter-Strike: Source, I get horrendous FPS, as in 1-10. Yet, in all other games, my FPS is superb. Examples being Doom 3, FEAR, Condemned, Oblivion, Prey, and even Battlefield 2. All of these (and their respective multiplayer option) run without a hitch, at maximum setting, aside from the usual BF2 lag spikes.

Yet, CS:S seems to be the rebel of the bunch, only putting out 1-10 FPS, no matter what I set max FPS to, and even with every setting as low as possible, and my ping never jumps above 30-60.

My system?

Intel Pentium 4 HT @ 3.00GHz
2 GB Ram
eVGA GeForce 7800 GS

Now, I understand the GS is the "budget" 7800, but my 5700 Ultra ran CS:S at at least 40-50 FPS, making the game somewhat playable.

I've asked alot of people what they think is the problem, yet have yielded no results.

So, in a desperate plea, I ask if anyone at all can shine light on this problem. I give my thanks in advance to folks who can come up with any sort of resolution that doesn't intel me updating my drivers. ;)

EDIT: I just noticed in my Device Manager that it see's TWO processor's suddenly. Could this be the problem? EDIT: Duh, HT.. Scratch previous edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back