CS:S help PLZZ

By Protoman1821
Nov 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys im trying to play counter strike source and i get horrible Fps about 12-19 on dust i can really only play iceworld and have decent fps and i dont under stand whats wrong is it my computer or what i play other games had no problems with battlefield 2 or lineage 2 zero lag in both so is there anything i can to fix this

thanks

heres what im using

Gateway GT5228
    AMD Athlon(tm) 64 x2 dual
    Core Processor 4200+
    2.21 GHz, 1.87 GB of RAM
    GeForce 6100
  2. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX Newcomer, in training Posts: 2,438

3. Protoman1821

Protoman1821 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

sorry i know nothign about computers and have know clue were it is also what kinda grapic card do you suggest i get?
  4. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

Not sure TimeParadox. That should be fine for CS:S, well at least playable. Bump you graphics settings down.
  5. Protoman1821

ive turned them down to the lowest and i still ag bad i should be getting 60 fps at the least and when there all the way down they top out at 25
  6. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 4,985

7. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

8. beef_jerky4104

beef_jerky4104 Banned Posts: 1,094

9. Rik

We need to know budget and where in the world he is tho.
  10. Protoman1821

well i really didnt want to spend over 100 for a new card and i went to the NVIDIA website and looked around there was one on there pretty cheap the 8500 is it any good or are there better ones in my price range?
  11. Rik

You still haven't said where in the world you are.
  12. Cinders

13. Protoman1821

open box meaning the box it comes in is already open and yes im in the united states anyelse think this is a good card for the money?

14. Cinders

Yes, the box has already been opened and the only thing you'll get is the video card.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.