CS:Source Need Help 6600 GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just recently bought a new pc so i would be able to play new games with a lot more fps. So i bought a amd 64 athlon 3200+ 160 gig harddrive 1 gig ram and a 6600 GT Nvidia`. But in CS:S i cant get above 30 fps i dont have anything locked vsync is off fps_max is at 300 and no programs running in the backround and the quality is on medium, please help :confused:

there are two things i need to know......what are the quality settings for nvida panel.what brand of card....xfx or asus....yes it makes a difference. and very important, is the card agp or pci-e

That computer should have no problems running CS:S at a playable frame rate. According to the benchmarks, the MSI 6600GTs are at least as good as the average 6600GT.
Do you have performance issues in other games? Can you give a 3DMark result? It may help isolate the problem. If every other game runs fine, then the problem will be much easier to find.

what drivers do u have? updated to the latest driver. (81.98 i think) and jus leave everything default at first.

if that doesnt work:
go into ur nvidia settings (it should be on the taskbar, if not, right click n go to properties > settings.. click advanced and then the 6600GT tab)

in there click Performance & Quality Settings. and play around with the settings there. i recommend leaving settings to 'application controlled' or somethin

awesome! good fraggin!.. speaking of which.. what server u play on? maybe i can join u sometime =D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back