TechSpot

CS:Source Need Help 6600 GT

By xil3nt
Jan 7, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just recently bought a new pc so i would be able to play new games with a lot more fps. So i bought a amd 64 athlon 3200+ 160 gig harddrive 1 gig ram and a 6600 GT Nvidia`. But in CS:S i cant get above 30 fps i dont have anything locked vsync is off fps_max is at 300 and no programs running in the backround and the quality is on medium, please help :confused:
  2. cyrax

cyrax Newcomer, in training Posts: 72

there are two things i need to know......what are the quality settings for nvida panel.what brand of card....xfx or asus....yes it makes a difference. and very important, is the card agp or pci-e
  3. xil3nt

xil3nt Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Its pci express and is an MSI brand full card name NX6600 GT settings image settings is on high quality
  4. Vaerilis

Vaerilis Newcomer, in training Posts: 64

That computer should have no problems running CS:S at a playable frame rate. According to the benchmarks, the MSI 6600GTs are at least as good as the average 6600GT.
    Do you have performance issues in other games? Can you give a 3DMark result? It may help isolate the problem. If every other game runs fine, then the problem will be much easier to find.
  5. truflip

truflip Newcomer, in training Posts: 590

what drivers do u have? updated to the latest driver. (81.98 i think) and jus leave everything default at first.

if that doesnt work:
    go into ur nvidia settings (it should be on the taskbar, if not, right click n go to properties > settings.. click advanced and then the 6600GT tab)

in there click Performance & Quality Settings. and play around with the settings there. i recommend leaving settings to 'application controlled' or somethin
  6. xil3nt

xil3nt Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Alright updated the driver works now 160 fps on highest everything in source :) :cool:
  7. truflip

truflip Newcomer, in training Posts: 590

awesome! good fraggin!.. speaking of which.. what server u play on? maybe i can join u sometime =D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.