CTRL ALT DEL doesn't bring up task manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I hit CTRL ALT DEL the task manager doesn't come up. However, this only happens when using either the left ALT, left CTRL, or both. If I use both right CTRL and right ALT, the task manager does come up. Either DEL and numpad DEL work with the right CTRL and ALT. In addition, CTRL SHIFT ESC also brings up the task manager, whether right CTRL SHIFT or left CTRL SHIFT (or a combination right and left) are used. Also, if I right click on the taskbar and choose "Task Manager", it comes up fine. Did I somehow disable the left hand CTRL ALT DEL combination? If so, how can I restore that functionality? I am running Windows XP SP2. Thank you!

I`ve only ever used right hand CTRL,ALT,DEL.How much do you really need to use the left hand variation ?

I suppose it's not a necessity par se, but how would you feel if, for whatever reason, you could only use the number 6 on the numpad, and you didn't know why. You don't need the 6 on the main keyboard, but it still should be there.

I take your point,but with Windows you have to develop a thick skin,otherwise you`ll be in constant pain.

I suppose it could be the keyboard, though Alt+Tab works fine to switch programs. I'll try out one of my roommates' keyboards and see how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back