CTRL+ALT+DEL problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi

I just re-installed Windows XP Pro on my Sony Vaio laptop and after i had installed and installed virus and spyware software, i attempted to use the ctrl+alt+del funtion and it did not work. when i go to run.. and use taskmgr that comes up fine and my keyboard is in proper working order (i've checked the keys seperately and they all function and so do both del and alt keys.) i read some other threads but although the problem was similar the solutions they had come up with did not work. i do not know what the problem is and was wondering if anyone here would know, thanks in advance.

It may be OFF for some reason.

To disable the Task Manager, you only have to enable the policy "Remove Task Manager", either using the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) or setting the registry entry. Use the registry functions to set the value for the following key:

Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr:DWORD

Set it to 1 to disable Task Manager and 0 (or delete key) to enable it again.

Check that key.

RealBlackStuff said:
It may be OFF for some reason.

To disable the Task Manager, you only have to enable the policy "Remove Task Manager", either using the Group Policy editor (gpedit.msc) or setting the registry entry. Use the registry functions to set the value for the following key:

Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableTaskMgr:DWORD

Set it to 1 to disable Task Manager and 0 (or delete key) to enable it again.

Check that key.
yes i tried both those methods, group edit and registry but to no avail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back