ctrl alt del problem

By Zephex69
Oct 23, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi after recently alt tabing out of a game i had a problem with ctrl alt del its probually really simple but i havent got a clue whats wrong , when i ctrl alt del all i get up is the cpu screen part with no option to see the processors or any other part even the red square to close isnt there any help would be nice .
    Thanks in advance
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,673   +152

Your system is most likely infected with viruses, spyware or malware
  3. Zephex69

Zephex69 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

ive just run spyware doctor and that showed nothing is there a better one out there that will pick up the things you said .
  4. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read this thread HERE and post a HJT log as an attachment into this thread.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  5. Zephex69

Zephex69 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

can i attach it in note book doc as thats all i have, also do i click on analyze this or not thanks
  6. poertner_1274

poertner_1274 secroF laicepS topShceT Posts: 4,745

Have you tried double clicking on the gray area around the processor speeds?

That should bring up the red X and other tabs you can click on.

BTW
    :wave:Welcome to TechSpot:wave:
  7. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

No, you cannot attach the HJT log as a .doc file for the reasons given in the link I gave you.

No, do not click on the AnalyzeThis button.

After doing the HJT scan, it should open up a report, click save the save log file button and save it to wherever you want. Close HJt and any report windows. Navigate to where you save the log file and attach it as per the instructions.

Regards Howard :)
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.