Ctrl alt delete question

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i'm new to the site. my names ralph and my computer is fubar. (i'm sure it my fault lol) but its really slow (especially when i turn on the internet. i get a lot of pop ups too. but my main question is the ctrl alt del isn't working and i went to the 'run-task mgr' and it said another program is currently using it or something like that.

any help would be much appreciated
thanx
ralph/cartman2112

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your thread to our security forum, as your system is undoubtedly infected with malware.

Very Important: Before deciding whether you should clean or reformat your system, go and read this thread HERE and decide what it is you want to do.

If after reading the above, you wish to clean your system, do the following.

Go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as Attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the Panda Antirootkit scan.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of cartman2112 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

more questions haha

so if i use it (my comp) to purchase things online, pay for my car, and check my bank statements should i reformat? and if so any ('cheap') programs that you recommend cuz i lost my disc that came with my comp (i'm an ***** i know) cuz even without internet (when i turn my wireless button off) my comp is not as slow as with internet but still pretty slow.
also, is it true that songs and videos (although i got rid of the videos) and pictures (lots of songs and pics... sorta lol) that i downloaded from limewire, well except for most of the pics are part of the reason my comp is soooo slow?

lastly (thanx for your patience) so if u think i should just clean my comp then i follow the directions in your first reply?
and do you recommend any anti-virus (again preferably on the 'cheaper' side)? mine is up and have yet to get a new one, which i'm sure is prob why my comp got so slow in the first place.

thanx again for your patience and help

Normally, if you use your system for online banking etc, you should reformat.

However, since you don`t have a Windows cd, you`re going to find that pretty difficult.

So, you have two choices. Either purchase a new Windows CD and reformat, or go for the cleaning option.

I must warn you, that if you choose to go with the cleaning option, I can`t guarantee the safety of your private data.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of cartman2112 only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

thanx
i'm prob gonna wait til friday (when i get paid) and get a new windows cd and see how it goes.

o any antiviruses that you recommend (preferably towards the cheaper end), like specifics or just general brand names or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back