ctrl alt delete virus help!

By ScubaSteve3465
Feb 26, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yea i got a virus mzx and it made like a billion dlls on my desktop and it disabled my ctrl alt delete command so i cant enter my task manager heres my hjt log i also removed the virus and i still have the problem i tried the trojan cleaners and house call and all
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso Newcomer, in training Posts: 25,948   +19

Please put HJT in it`s own directory, not on your desktop, or in a temp folder. I.E C:\program files\HJT\HJT.exe

Boot into safe mode. See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how HERE. http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel, and uninstall anythin to do with(if there).

Security Administrator\newadmin.exe
    ICOO Loader\addons\icooue.dll

Close control panel.

Run HJT with no other programme open, and have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
    R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =

O2 - BHO: ICOOExternal Class - {0519A9C9-064A-4cbc-BC47-D0EACD581477} - C:\Program Files\ICOO Loader\addons\icooue.dll

O2 - BHO: IE 4.x-6.x BHO for Internet Download Accelerator - {2A646672-9C3A-4C28-9A7A-1FB0F63F28B6} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: ICOODManager Class - {465A59EC-20E5-4fca-A38A-E5EC3C480218} - C:\Program Files\ICOO Loader\addons\icoou.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8b5e5099-f4c9-425e-bcff-1764ec372323} - (no file)

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {d58a5d5e-04c8-42a5-ae5c-d0855c5e9c8b} - (no file)

O3 - Toolbar: IDA Bar - {C70E30C7-140A-4166-A2E8-43557E62B41A} - (no file)

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [00saskda] "C:\Program Files\Security Administrator\newadmin.exe" saskda

O9 - Extra button: Internet Download Accelerator - {9819CC0E-9669-4D01-9CD7-2C66DA43AC6C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll

O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Internet Download Accelerator - {9819CC0E-9669-4D01-9CD7-2C66DA43AC6C} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll

Fix all 016 DPF entries.

O18 - Protocol: msnim - {828030A1-22C1-4009-854F-8E305202313F} - "C:\PROGRA~1\MSNMES~1\msgrapp.dll" (file missing)

O20 - Winlogon Notify: jkhfe - C:\WINDOWS\

Now click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate, and delete the following bold files(if there).

C:\Program Files\ICOO Loader\addons\icoou.dll
    C:\Program Files\Security Administrator\newadmin.exe" saskda

Reboot into normal mode, and turn on system restore.

Post a fresh HJT log.

Regards Howard :)
  3. ScubaSteve3465

ScubaSteve3465 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

is there anyway i can just repair windows with the windows disk because i have i and some of the stuff you told me to remove with hjt i use everyday and no it isnt bad software so i think a repair will be easier is that an option?
  4. howard_hopkinso

If you`re sure that some of the entries aren`t bad, don`t remove them, and follow the rest of the instructions.

Doing a Windows repair won`t clean your machine of malware. Only a reformat would do that.

5. ScubaSteve3465

ScubaSteve3465 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

but it isnt malware it was a virus i have a link to the virus that did it if you want to look at it but i unistalled the virus with avg but my task manager still doesnt work is there a fix for this virus or something that you know of that could help its called mzx and i messages comes up that says i love dll's and spams dlls on my desktop like millions then it disables ctrl alt delete
  6. howard_hopkinso

Taken from Dictionary.com.

Main Entry: malware
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: software, such as viruses, intended to damage or disable a computer system; short for malicious software; also written mal-ware
    Etymology: 1998-2003

If you don`t want to follow the instructions, then maybe you should try the repair route.

Please let us know how you get on.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.