Cumulative Windows Updates from SP2 to Now

By thejungle
Aug 26, 2006
  1. Hi!

This is my first post and I did a search but couldn't find the answer (although I'm sure there is one!).

I need to reinstall XP on a relative computer, we have the original XP INstall disc and the SP2 update disc.

They only have dialup internet so is there a way I can get all the security updates etc from SP2 through to Present and create a CD/DVD beforehand so we're not waiting days to download all the updates via dial-up when I go to re-install?

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes, you can create a slipstreamed disk that contains everything you need.

See HERE for instructions, or you could use the Autostreamer programme from HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. fordfox

fordfox TS Rookie

I've had problems in the past with creating slipstreamed disks. They will install fine, but there will be multiple error messages upon startup.

I usually just take the computer I'm working on to my house (9mbps cable) and get all the updates there.
  4. thejungle

thejungle TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks Howard, I shall head over now and see about the creating a slipstream disk.

fordfox: My only problem is the computer I need to install XP on again is a relatives PC in the next state.

Thanks again
  5. fish4specs

fish4specs TS Rookie Posts: 40

Can also go to, Download - Windows product family - Windows XP in drop down. All Updates, including SP2 can be downloaded w/o automatic update installation. Download with highspeed and burn to CD. It's how I update my folks comp. Haven't looked in a while some may be cummulative.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.