TechSpot

Cumulative Windows Updates from SP2 to Now

By thejungle
Aug 26, 2006
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi!

This is my first post and I did a search but couldn't find the answer (although I'm sure there is one!).

I need to reinstall XP on a relative computer, we have the original XP INstall disc and the SP2 update disc.

They only have dialup internet so is there a way I can get all the security updates etc from SP2 through to Present and create a CD/DVD beforehand so we're not waiting days to download all the updates via dial-up when I go to re-install?

Thanks
    Ernie

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Yes, you can create a slipstreamed disk that contains everything you need.

See HERE for instructions, or you could use the Autostreamer programme from HERE.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

3. fordfox

fordfox TS Rookie

I've had problems in the past with creating slipstreamed disks. They will install fine, but there will be multiple error messages upon startup.

I usually just take the computer I'm working on to my house (9mbps cable) and get all the updates there.

4. thejungle

thejungle TS Rookie Topic Starter

Hi!

Thanks Howard, I shall head over now and see about the creating a slipstream disk.

fordfox: My only problem is the computer I need to install XP on again is a relatives PC in the next state.

Thanks again
    Ernie

5. fish4specs

fish4specs TS Rookie Posts: 48

Can also go to microsoft.com, Download - Windows product family - Windows XP in drop down. All Updates, including SP2 can be downloaded w/o automatic update installation. Download with highspeed and burn to CD. It's how I update my folks comp. Haven't looked in a while some may be cummulative.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.