Cursor Issue: What Is it Indicating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Route44

I don't know where this fits forum wise and I apologize if I placed this in the wrong area, but I would venture it is more software/OS related than hardware, but I am not sure. I hope I can explain it clearly. I can be surfing, creating office documents, or scanning and periodically my cursor will suddenly turn into the hour glass image as if it were "hiccupping", interrupting briefly whatever I am doing and then everything proceeds as normal.

The only exception is when I am sweeping for spyware or viruses and then the hour galss appears more frequently, slowing down the time of scans due to the constant interruptions.

What should I be looking for, testing?

My OS is XP Professional with SP2. Firewall is Sunbelt Kerio, anti-virus is NOD32, plus Webroot's Spysweeper.

EPoX 9NPA+Ultra
2 gigs of Crucial Ballistix PC3200
Athlon 64 3200+Venice CPU
connect3D X800 GTO with the latest driver
M-Audio 5.1 Revolution sound card with latest and last driver that will be issued

Thanks ahead of time.

With your system specs, you shouldn't have any problems running multiple programs at once. Just to be safe, head over to this thread, follow the instructions, and post a HJT Log in a new thread in the Security and Web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back