Cursor jumps whenever I type -- What's the problem?

By michelwl
Dec 17, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not sure what's wrong with my computer. I have run antispyware software and the results conclude that there are no threats.
    However, my cursor moves when I type, jumping all over the place and even deleting words/lines (it's not because of the insert key), and my computer has been running rather slowly. Also, sometimes I get the result "web page is unavailable" when I visit various sites.

Actually, the fact that my computer runs slowly may be due to the fact that I have too many protective programs. The following are installed:

Avast Antivirus
    CCleaner
    AdAware
    AVG Free
    Advanced System Care
    SuperAntiSpyware
    MalwareByte's Anti-Malware

I'm not sure which ones are unnecessary. Can you suggest which ones to uninstall?
  2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,746   +156

Remove:
    AdAware
    AVG free
    Superantispyware

Is this a laptop or a desktop computer?
  3. michelwl

michelwl Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

it's a laptop.
  4. Tmagic650

The mouse pad may be worn out or its connector is loose at the motherboard
  5. michelwl

i don't believe this is the problem. i just tested microsoft word and the cursor acts fine. i think it's only when i use my browsers.
  6. Tmagic650

Try connecting an external USB wireless mouse or a PS2 mouse and see how the cursor reacts
  7. michelwl

the cursor is still jumpy
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.