Curvalicious: This is the Samsung Galaxy S8

Julio Franco

Staff member

There's not much else to say. I mean, what is Samsung going to say when they "reveal" the Galaxy S8 a month from now. Professional leaker Evan Blass has been hard at work this past week disclosing a ton of information about Samsung's upcoming flagship phone.

Absent from MWC as it's been for the past few years, the Galaxy S8 (and S8+) is expected to be unveiled on March 29 and go on sale in April. As seen above, the redesigned Galaxy looks even more svelte than its well-regarded predecessor. There is no physical home button, and the whole front is wrapped around in glass with minimal bezels at the top and bottom.

We liked the Galaxy S7 Edge a lot. Now Samsung only has to deliver on software (including carrier restrictions/bloat).

Update: And one more image leak, courtesy of BGR:

Permalink to story.

The side button have been rearranged probably because of the lack of a physical home button, which I'll miss. I don't like onscreen navigation buttons but I got used to them with my HTC 1 M8 and didn't miss them in the slightest on subsequent Galaxy phones but I will get used to them again when I'll most likely get the S9 next year, probably sans 3.5mm output but I'll get used to that as well if I have to, much like I did with non removable batteries and lack of memory expansion. Not a biggie. Humans complain because they like to, they resist change and they hope someone is listening, which in fact, they aren't. Change is inevitable.

I'm not a huge fan of the curved screens. The S7 has a curved screen and it was impossible to get one of those tempered glass screen protectors. I hate the plastic ones since they ruin the smooth touch feeling. Now my screen has scratches :(

I think I might move the pixel when its time to upgrade. Hopefully, they don't start curving their displays.

Also, bezels are important since it's impossible to hold the phone without messing with the touchscreen. I had that issue with the S7 until I got a decent case. At least I had that issue.

I'm not a huge fan of the curved screens. The S7 has a curved screen and it was impossible to get one of those tempered glass screen protectors. I hate the plastic ones since they ruin the smooth touch feeling. Now my screen has scratches :(

I think I might move the pixel when its time to upgrade. Hopefully, they don't start curving their displays.

Also, bezels are important since it's impossible to hold the phone without messing with the touchscreen. I had that issue with the S7 until I got a decent case. At least I had that issue.
Couldn't agree more. It's a change for aesthetic sake to the detriment of usability.

I HAVE THE S7 Edge, WITH A CASE and it broke within the first week. I also have the PIXEL - it is Buggy, still and a CRAP phone.... I like Samsung NON-Edge phones... THe PIXEL is absolutely hard to type on - the big space at the bottom of the phone makes it so that you constantly are missing the SPACEBAR and your sentences look like you are a 2nd grader... TOTALLY ANNOYING and I hate the PIXEL Phone....

EDGE IS A JOKE! I hope the S8 comes with a non-Edge option, otherwise I will not be buying one... Both EDGE phones I have had, broke within a couple of weeks; with a case!!! JUNK!

I HAVE THE S7 Edge, WITH A CASE and it broke within the first week. I also have the PIXEL - it is Buggy, still and a CRAP phone.... I like Samsung NON-Edge phones... THe PIXEL is absolutely hard to type on - the big space at the bottom of the phone makes it so that you constantly are missing the SPACEBAR and your sentences look like you are a 2nd grader... TOTALLY ANNOYING and I hate the PIXEL Phone....

EDGE IS A JOKE! I hope the S8 comes with a non-Edge option, otherwise I will not be buying one... Both EDGE phones I have had, broke within a couple of weeks; with a case!!! JUNK!
Hey look its trump tweet guy again!
Use all non-pronouns as if they were the names of pokemon

You should probably not put your phone in the same pocket as your keys... I've had mine for over a year without a screen protector and it has no scratch, and I always put it in my pocket.

I'm not a curved screen fan either because I feel like it will crack on that first drop, that always comes.

You want to know what is REALLY ANNOYING? I mean, like REALLY REALLY REALLY ANNOYING? I'll give you a hint, it's all in CAPS, like, REAAAALLY ANNOYING.

Its like they want us to stop buying.
Why?? It looks pretty decent. Your late one liners look like you just want your post count up...

Humans complain because they like to, they resist change and they hope someone is listening, which in fact, they aren't. Change is inevitable.
Yup, people tend to resist all and every type of change, I see it in the office every day.

You should probably not put your phone in the same pocket as your keys... I've had mine for over a year without a screen protector and it has no scratch, and I always put it in my pocket.

I'm not a curved screen fan either because I feel like it will crack on that first drop, that always comes.

You want to know what is REALLY ANNOYING? I mean, like REALLY REALLY REALLY ANNOYING? I'll give you a hint, it's all in CAPS, like, REAAAALLY ANNOYING.

Its like they want us to stop buying.
Why?? It looks pretty decent. Your late one liners look like you just want your post count up...

Humans complain because they like to, they resist change and they hope someone is listening, which in fact, they aren't. Change is inevitable.
Yup, people tend to resist all and every type of change, I see it in the office every day.

My fault - I worked at NBC for too long. We use caps so the anchors accentuate the words, as they are reading them on the Teleprompter. Bad habit! HAHA

Hey look its trump tweet guy again!
Use all non-pronouns as if they were the names of pokemon

My fault - I worked at NBC for too long. We use caps so the anchors accentuate the words, as they are reading them on the Teleprompter. Bad habit! HAHA

The "Edge" is just a selling feature with no real use apart from making the device look sexy and it succeeds at that. I, myself would rather have just a flat screen and hopefully with the S9 next year they'll reintroduce it but if I'm forced to have it because they don't, so be it, I'll get used to it. Unless it's very flimsy, I'm unlikely to break it.

You don't need a screen protector, it's gorilla glass 5

I'm using the S7 edge and I'm doing theatre setups on-the-ground work, hands getting dirty with oil, splinters, metal works etc. And my edge is still spotless. Probably the problem lies in how you use and take care of your belongings....

Nice looking phone.
Too bad is that it will have a close to, if not over $1,000.00 price tag, similar to the overpriced
upcoming iPhone.
Hey, if you want to spend that much money, feel free...anything over $500.00 is too expensive
for "a phone".

S7 vs S7 Edge.
Learn the difference.

After reading your comment, I highly doubt that you own(ed) a S7.

Back