Custom-built quadcopter used to power this awesome flying ghost for Halloween

Shawn Knight

Staff member

The gaping torso Halloween costume from 2011 that used two iPads to simulate a hole through the creator’s body may have finally been one-upped by this awesome quadcopter-powered ghost. According to the creator, the rig consists of a custom-built quad with a 450mm frame and custom programming and while it may not be a totally original idea, it's impressive nevertheless.

Unfortunately not much else is known about the rig other than the fact that it will likely scare the mess out of unsuspecting youngsters come Halloween night. I have to second the idea pitched by a YouTube commenter of attaching a GoPro camera to the copter to capture reactions although it might be tough to pick up quality footage in the dark.

Found is a TechSpot feature where we share clever, funny or otherwise interesting stuff from around the web.

Permalink to story.

Very cool. I wouldn't mind playing with it myself. That old geyser looks like he knows how to fly a radio controlled chopper pretty well. I could take lessons from him.

I have to second the idea pitched by a YouTube commenter of attaching a GoPro camera to the copter to capture reactions although it might be tough to pick up quality footage in the dark.

And supporting the weight of said camera.

Back