Custom PC no display

HaXToN

Hi I built my first custom pc and I was so excited to build it just to find it would show any sort of display I was almost positive that all the parts are compatible the computer turns on just doesnt show a bois I have a pre installed windows 7 on a hardrive but I havent connected it to the computer yet becuase I know it would be better to have a fresh start on a new computer anyway I looked everywhere on forums I asked freinds who might know even my technology teacher but he has no clue I tried reseting the bois a bunch of times and go through my parts step by step part by part to see if it would turn on but no bios on the screen the fans are running and lights are on but no display im pretty sure it should show my bios even if I dont have a hard drive in right? anyway its currently sitting on my computer bench crying for me to build it the only things I could think of is maybe bad cpu or bad ram ill post list of parts later today but I NEED HELP I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! ive tried everything I could think of... whenevr I turn on my computer my graphics card fan doesnt spin but I know it works becuase it works on my other computer I thought it didnt spin becuase maybe it might turn on when it needs too but it turns on with my older computer but not wiht this one and my other graphics card turn on with my newer and older but it does t show that its their on either.
either way my display wont show and idk what to do I have also tried taking the ram out placing it in one by one in each slot I cant test the ram on my older computer becuase it isnt ddr3 I have no clue what to do my older computer did this before but I fixed it by reseting the bios unfortinatly this isnt the same case with this one...
pleas excuse my for my grammar or misspelling im in a hurry right now...

And so far my older graphics card isnt working on either computer im thinking maybe its the missing driver or bad memory

First, please confirm basic hardware ... no display (if a no signal box does not appear, it may be the monitor)...check monitor on a known good system.
If monitor is proven to operate, focus on GPU...following directions in user manual, reinstall it.. does anything other than 'no signal' box appear?... if not try video card in another system.
If video card is proven to operate, focus on motherboard...with RAM and GPU removed, try to turn it on...make a note of error codes (beeps, etc) and check in your user manual.

Let us know what you learn..

If this is not clear, try computerhope.com (particularly.. http://www.computerhope.com/hardqa.htm )

First, please confirm basic hardware ... no display (if a no signal box does not appear, it may be the monitor)...check monitor on a known good system.
If monitor is proven to operate, focus on GPU...following directions in user manual, reinstall it.. does anything other than 'no signal' box appear?... if not try video card in another system.
If video card is proven to operate, focus on motherboard...with RAM and GPU removed, try to turn it on...make a note of error codes (beeps, etc) and check in your user manual.

Let us know what you learn..

If this is not clear, try computerhope.com (particularly.. http://www.computerhope.com/hardqa.htm )

well the moniter turns on when I plug it in.
but it doesnt give me any start up info or a no signal

Its not showing me any start up info whats so ever nor is it giving me a signal that its registereing

Can you try this monitor on a known working computer other than your build? If it doesn't work there, you may have a bad monitor. If it works, then test your cables as well. Follow chain of components testing on known good system to prove whether or not video card, cables and monitor work properly. Be sure to carefully follow installation instruction in user manuals.

If you prove that the video subsystem works on another machine, then the issue could be motherboard...and you should be getting error codes (beep codes) if that is so. Are you getting beeps? How many? Long or short?

Can you try this monitor on a known working computer other than your build? If it doesn't work there, you may have a bad monitor. If it works, then test your cables as well. Follow chain of components testing on known good system to prove whether or not video card, cables and monitor work properly. Be sure to carefully follow installation instruction in user manuals.

If you prove that the video subsystem works on another machine, then the issue could be motherboard...and you should be getting error codes (beep codes) if that is so. Are you getting beeps? How many? Long or short?

ok ill check that out

Back