Custom Resolutions on Flat Panels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Techspotters

My first post here and I have a question for you all, possibly had this one before but can't find any references to it in the search.

My question is this, how do I set a custom screeen resolution for my monitor, I want to set 1280 x 800 pix but very time I go to set it or any others I get:

"can't set that res "

or something like that, I have just upgraded from a Nvidea FX5500 and it [The Old Card] gave me no grief whatsoever to set that res, my next door neighbor has a laptop that also uses that res, I use CAD programs and it's important that a square when measured with a ruler on the screen is actually square, EG 300mm x 300mm in the software is also 300mm x 300mm physically measured to be accurate on the screen

I'm sure I'm not the only one to get this problem when upgrading from CRT screens to flat panel wide screens, Video is OK, I can set that within the DVD app

I'm currently running 1440 x 900 screen Res

Thanks
Steve from the Blue Mountains, Australia

My PC Specs

Pentium 4
3.0G Processor
1.0G Ram
P4 Titan GA-81PE775
240G HDD

MSI GeForce MX7600GT Cooling Pipe Version [No Fan]
Memory 512M
Driver Nvidia
Version 169.21 forceware winxp 32bit english

XP Professional
Service Pack 1a
Directx 9C

Viewsonic 22" LCD VX 2235wm
Running 1440 x 900 screen Res

Pioneer dvd-rw DVR-109
LG DVD Rom

80G Seagate HDD
240G Maxtor SATA USB External HDD

Logitech Wirless Keyboard & Mouse

Realtech Fast Ethernet NIC

Antec Case and 400W Power Supply

Thanks Again in Advance !!

The native resolution of your 22" Viewsonic monitor is 1680x1050. If you're doing CAD, you should really have it set at its native resolution (which is also the highest is supports). It is so much sharper, clearer and gives you far more viewing area. I can't imagine (happily) doing CAD at such a low res as 1280x800. It's going to be blurry and pixelated and everything will be huge. :\

So, first, I would try to get used to higher resolutions first. If you can't get used to 1680x1050 on a 22" monitor (impaired vision?) or if you need a custom resolution for special purpose, then you might be able to do it by modding your driver INF. Here is a link to something that may be of assistance: http://forums.nvidia.com/lofiversion/index.php?t37318.html . If that doesn't work, it should put you on the right track at least, but that is how I would assume it could be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back