Customizing "The Enthusiast's PC" guide

Spruce

Hi

I'm planning to buy a new gaming computer from scratch and was looking at the following setup under the Techspot Desktop PC Buying Guide; The Enthusiast's PC (I can't post links yet)

I read about the CPU and there it was stated that it does not support DirectX 11, which I think would be a good thing to do for future needs, can you recommend another CPU without raising the cost too much?

Any other suggestions?

My budget is about 1400$ for the core system.

Regards.

Hi

I'm planning to buy a new gaming computer from scratch and was looking at the following setup under the Techspot Desktop PC Buying Guide; The Enthusiast's PC (I can't post links yet)

I read about the CPU and there it was stated that it does not support DirectX 11, which I think would be a good thing to do for future needs, can you recommend another CPU without raising the cost too much?

Any other suggestions?

My budget is about 1400$ for the core system.

Regards.

CPUs don't determine support for Directx because directx is a graphics library used by game developers, so, it only depends on the video card and OS. The setup is pretty good, don't worry just go get them parts.

Yep, it's the GPU which determines the DX support, and all new cards support DX11.

The Enthusiast's PC build is pretty much bang on your budget, although personally I would get a cheaper case, ditch the Blu-Ray drive and spend that money on a better graphics card (e.g. Radeon 6950/6970 or Geforce GTX 570).

Keep in mind AMD may realease their new GPUs in a month's time so you might want to wait for those to come out and the subsequent price drop for the existing generation cards...

Back