Cut the cord: Save 60% on this digital indoor HDTV antenna

TS Dealmaster

Staff member

Ready to escape cable company contracts and abysmal customer service forever? It’s time to pick up the 1byone Digital Indoor HDTV Antenna - for just $12.99 - and get all your local broadcast signals in full glorious HD quality for free.

Setup is simple: put the antenna anywhere, hook it up to your HDTV, laptop or other device with a built-in ATSC tuner, then scan for channels. The 1byone finds all area broadcast television within 25 miles - and starts pumping crystal clear HDTV pictures to your screen.

No more contracts. No more monthly charges.

At just over an inch wide, the 1byone is super-thin and blends into any room decor. But its true selling point - the one that’s made it a #1 Best Seller on Amazon - is the money you’ll save. Start watching all your favorite programs with top-notch quality, secure in knowing you’ll never feed the dreaded cable company again.

At 63% off the regular price ($12.99!), it’s time to start saving. Grab yours at the TechSpot Store.

Permalink to story.

I've been a cord cutter for some time now and just today installed a Mohu Leaf 50 (after having a Clear TV antenna) and picked up another 12 channel"s.

First of all, there's no such thing as a "digital antenna".. Any antenna tuned to the expected band of broadcast frequencies will pull down digital signals.The only caveat is, digital TV transmitters are limited to much less output than the old analog behemoths.

So, for picking up the most channels in an "urban canyon" such as the one I live in, an amplified antenna is almost mandatory. And if you can stuff on the second floor, better still..

Well they want to make sure you know it will work on a digital tv. Some people are still trying to wrap their minds around the 8 year old change. But the rest of it is a load of bs. It is just a tv antennae. They act like people have forgotten what local tv is.

Check out this new device! Roasts your bread in half the time and takes way less electricity then your oven. We call it the roaster! It roasts your bread lickity split!

It's articles like this that make me want to have sexual relations with Techspot's staff. Lol just kidding, but great story and thanks for posting.

Been cord cut for awhile, between my 800 movies on my server and my 4 local channels, youtube, and netflix I am entertained. I did just add sling tv to the rotation, really enjoyed it missed my history channel.

HDTV signals are very much line-of-sight, meaning if your in hilly terrain, all bets are off, so save your time and effort. In Los Angeles, the broadcasters are on Mt Baldy and easily flood the basin nicely.

Tall buildings, hills and forests will obstruct over-the-air reception. I've gone to DISH for HDTV (but not their Internet service) and it is tops IMO.

Satellite gains over cable because it's not a shared wire AND the receiver has an amplifier and signal shaper to correct the signals. After dropping TWC, the HD is so crisp I had to de-tune the contrast.

We had an assignment similar to this in studio photography. The premise was, to make an inexpensive object look as glamorous as possible. :cool:

Bravo, on whoever took that photo. Although, it's kind of hard to spot the antenna against the $5000.00 worth of equipment it;s supposed to be supporting.. :confused:
don't tell me your name is either bill or monica. ;)
So you're telling that @amstech is Bill Clinton's pseudonym here at Techspot?

So you're telling that @amstech is Bill Clinton's pseudonym here at Techspot?
I decline to answer your honor since I still want to enjoy life. ;)

We had an assignment similar to this in studio photography. The premise was, to make an inexpensive object look as glamorous as possible. :cool:

Bravo, on whoever took that photo. Although, it's kind of hard to spot the antenna against the $5000.00 worth of equipment it;s supposed to be supporting.. :confused:
I had to take a second look at the picture to see the 'indoor antenna'... my poor eye sight...

HDTV signals are very much line-of-sight, meaning if your in hilly terrain, all bets are off, so save your time and effort. In Los Angeles, the broadcasters are on Mt Baldy and easily flood the basin nicely....[ ]......
Yeah, around here we have Roxborough / Manayunk for high ground. Still, these old ancient row houses have tin roofs over the porch. It kills the signal on the 1st floor, (I think), but all you need do is hop up to the second floor to easily acquire every worthless, crapola channel, modern OTA DTV has to offer.

Which reminds me, our local PBS channel, 12 WHYY, transmits from Wilmington DE. I would swear the only time I can get decent reception on the first floor from them, is when they're fund raising. Do you think they turn up the power on the transmitter final amps to bring the joy and message of 'beg-a-thon' into more people's homes, or am I just being paranoid? :eek:

And these smileys still suck, big time.

Last edited:
Back