CyanogenMod one-click installer for Android arrives in Google Play

1. CyanogenMod, an alternative open-source distribution of Android, just got much easier to deal with for novice users with the release of an installer tool on Google Play. A client component is also available as the installation process requires a phone to...

Read more
  2. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,249   +220

Woohooo!!!!!!!! :D
  3. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,349   +1,945

I'm too chicken to mod my device. I don't know enough about it besides I'll probably wind up with a bricked device. I'll leave it up to the more 'adventurous' folk.
  4. insect

insect TS Evangelist Posts: 315   +114

I know they have the 4.4 Source code up and will probably have CM11 (4.4 "KitKat") out the door in a little while. By far the best (I.e., most features and stable) ROM out there, although I did soft-brick my device going from 10.1 to 10.2 and had to ODIN back to stock and start over... whoops!
    highlander84 likes this.
  5. highlander84

highlander84 TS Booster Posts: 103   +24

Well I can say that installing a custom rom is rather simple.... I am currently running Temasek unofficial CM11 (Android 4.4) on a Samsung Galaxy S3. I must say the custom roms are far superior to "Stock" roms... As for this one-click installer...AWESOME! More people can try the cutting edge and get more out of their device!
  6. lipe123

lipe123 TS Evangelist Posts: 633   +163

Just be carefull cyanogenmod's d2att build (for samsung galaxy S3 for example) has really buggy bluetooth. It's a whole process to connect to my car system every morning :(

Other than that the install is really easy and just make sure you back up of course!
  7. highlander84

highlander84 TS Booster Posts: 103   +24

Luckily I never use Bluetooth... So I have avoided that problem! lol I can say the current ROM I am running is amazing...better than any previous custom ROM.
  8. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TS Evangelist Posts: 2,531   +836

You really dont have to know much about it. God knows I didnt and I managed to root mine eventually. You just have to follow the guides carefully.
  9. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

Latest stable is 4.2. I'm on 4.3 on n4 with 4.4 coming shortly, so I think I'll stay stock.
  10. bob333

bob333 TS Enthusiast Posts: 49   +11

Lets see if there will be report of bricked devices from this App.