TechSpot

Cyber attack hits Adobe, 2.9 million accounts compromised

By Scorpus
Oct 3, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Adobe has revealed today that they've been hit with a cyber attack, with intruders stealing a range of information from 2.9 million Adobe customers. Adobe IDs and encrypted passwords were accessed, but far more worrying is the news that customer...

Read more

2. captaincranky

captaincranky TechSpot Addict Posts: 10,968   +955

I certainly sympathize with Adobe's customers. With that said, something like this couldn't happen to a 'nicer' company.

m4a4 and p51d007 like this.
  3. p51d007

p51d007 TS Booster Posts: 348   +54

Another reason I'm sticking with "non cloud" adobe products. Yeah, put all your crap in the adobe cloud, or other software vendor, and POOF!

avoidz likes this.
  4. Tekkaraiden

Tekkaraiden TS Maniac Posts: 907   +54

Figures, the first time I actually pay for photoshop and they get compromised.

5. tomkaten

tomkaten TS Enthusiast Posts: 95   +31

Couldn't help but chuckle at Tekka's sincerity :)

6. The fact that they were compromised has absolutely nothing to do with being in the cloud or not. If I purchased the "non cloud" version of Photoshop off of the Staples website the same exact thing can happen.

7. RenGood08

RenGood08 TS Booster Posts: 191   +13

Wow wow...that is horrible. I guess it's a good thing I really don't use adobe and don't really have any products of theirs.

8. Why anyone would elect to place their personal, copyrighted material in a cloud is beyond me. My work is exactly that, mine. I created it, and thus owned and copyrighted by me and me alone.
    I have no desire to arbitrarily place it into the hands of anyone who is not a client and paid for a specific work.

9. PDFs suck royally anyways

10. avoidz

avoidz TS Maniac Posts: 454   +54

How many attacks and how much information is taken without these companies' knowledge?

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.