Cyber Monday was the biggest single online shopping day in history

By Shawn Knight
Dec 4, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Americans opened their wallets and shelled out more than $1.735 billion during Cyber Monday en route to making it the biggest online shopping day in history. That’s good for an 18 percent increase compared to last year but it may...

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,043   +218

According to National Retail Federation they dont have the full story so in reality no one knows if shoppers spent $1.7billion less during this years black friday compared to 2012 black friday.

I bet if we got the top 10 online shops like steam, amazon etc. we would have a better idea of how much extra people spent.

I for one spent more this year than last year simply because steam had the deals I wanted on games I want unlike last years.
  3. 9Nails

9Nails TechSpot Paladin Posts: 939   +82

I didn't buy a thing! Scroooooge!
  4. amstech

amstech TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 803   +201

Most of black Friday/cyber Monday is marketing junk and seller's taking advantage of the season/dumba$$ americans. Very very few things I saw were actually good deals.
    cliffordcooley and ikesmasher like this.
  5. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,856   +343

I didnt see any must-have deals, saw nothing I would consider impulse buying...

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.