d-link di-604 firewall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i got a di-604 router and i would like to know how to disable the firewall cause i need to disable it when i run certain program like xbox connect(to host a game)

Welcome to TechSpot

Don't know your particular type of router, but normally you go into your browser, in the address-box you type in the router's IP-number such as: 192.168.0.1 and change the parameter in the router-setup.

What exactly do you want to do?

If you want connections from the internet then you also have to configure port forwarding on the router.

Your router should be configurable via a web interface. You can find out the address of the router if you run "ipconfig" from the Windows command line and look at the "gateway" entry.

thats the problem i can access my router via internet explorer and somethin like that but i know nothin about firewall and port fowardin

btw i want to have access to internet at the same time i just need my firewall to be off while i host a game

my router has 3 machine on it, a pentium 3 450, an xbox, and a pentium 4 2800 wich is the one i use,

the pentium 3 run with windows 98se
the pentium 4 run with win xp proffesssiona

You can "turn off" firewall and NAT if you set your computer to be the DMZ host in the router.

Have you considered consulting your routers manual?

yes i have read my manual but the only way to disable the firewall in the manual is to put my cpu in the dmz i was wonderin if they were another way cause the manual say nothin in firewall section except that only experienced user should configure but they dont say how.

i learn(yeasterday) how to put my cpu in dmz but is there another way to disable firewall

If you haven't put any rules in the firewall part of the router then it probably is off already.

Your problem is the NAT. Only way around that is DMZ or port forwarding.

If you don't like DMZ, consult the game's manual. It should have a section about firewall configuration where it tells you what ports to open. You forward these ports to your computer in the router setup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back