D-Link DI-624 router problem

By goat199
Jan 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello I have a DI-624 router (D-Link) and when I try and get to configuration the login screen comes up and I type in admin for user and keep password blank just like i am supose to and when I click ok It refuses to let me into the configuration. I have already been to technical support and done all the steps they recomend and that solves nothing. Here is my current IP info:

IP Address : 192.168.0.101
    Subnet Mask : 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway : 192.168.0.1

I have no problem connecting to the internet but i want to change some options in configuration but i cant logon. Someone please help, thank you very much :)
  2. Nodsu

Nodsu Newcomer, in training Posts: 9,431

Are you sure there is no password? The username may be case sensitive too. Try Admin.
  3. goat199

goat199 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Oh yes i have tried all that, in the manuel that i have and the one on the internet it says "admin" and "leave password blank"
  4. MrDJ009

MrDJ009 Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

Sounds like a password problem

From your description it seems as if you've set a password on the router. I also have a DI-624 that I use. Your easiest solution is to get out the trusty paperclip and hit the reset button. It should only take a few minutes to reconfigure the router.
  5. goat199

goat199 Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

OK i tried resetting it, even though i dont remember changing the password and that did nothing same thing happens. I have thought of a few questions that might help. On the main computer that the dlinks connection is comming from it has a firewall on, and has the same ip address. Im not sure this will help, also, the connection to this computer comes from the router to a switch to here (the computer im using) anyone want to help please?
  6. MrDJ009

MrDJ009 Newcomer, in training Posts: 78

D-Link resets require patience

If you're getting to the router login screen chances are neither the firewall nor the switch are a problem. It wouldn't hurt to plug the router directly into the PC you want to use for a reset, just in case.

When you attempt a DI-624 reset make sure you hold the paperclip in for 15 or 20 seconds for the reset to take. The manual recommends 10 sec, but I recently tried a reset and it did not take on my first try.
  7. jemstar555

jemstar555 Newcomer, in training

Hi,

did anybody ever get to the bottom of this?

I'm having exactly the same problem at the moment.

Thanks.
  8. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

if anyone is running firewall software like outpost you could be having a issue with this software
    check with the firewall fourms group and see if there is a issue
    outpost has trouble with linksys router there is a reg fix for it
    if interested I will look for and post
  9. damageboy

damageboy Newcomer, in training

Problem Solved!

After manually resetting your DI-624 router, try user name "admin" and password "password". You can also log-in as "user" with no password to see your router settings.
  10. mikescorpio81

mikescorpio81 Newcomer, in training Posts: 574

D-Link's default is admin - password.

Also I notice with D-Links of all sorts that a firmware upgrade is usually needed. They seem to connect-disconnect quite a bit.
  11. connie55

connie55 Newcomer, in training

This is an older post, but I just wanted to say THANK YOU. Your posts helped me today.

I was unable to access my router by resetting, following the instructions from my ISP, D-Link, and several other computer books. The user "Admin" and no password simply did not work. The tip about holding the reset button for 20 seconds and using the name "admin" and password "password" finally worked.

12. beamer30

beamer30 Newcomer, in training

um 1 question if yo restart your router do you have to reconfigure it to you cpu or does it just restart your passes
  13. Samstoned

Samstoned TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,582

beamer30
    what mean
    if on dsl you must re-enter name and password
    if you use reset it puts router back to factory settings
    this includes no WEP no MTU
    read manual on how to set up faster connections get your user name and pass from ISP
    if cable you should not have to do anything but set it to obtain ip auto
  14. beamer30

beamer30 Newcomer, in training

um ok but fyi i dont have manual ay more lol
    and how do you reset wep key and so on?
  15. Bananasplit

Bananasplit Newcomer, in training

If all else fails, try typing user and leave the password blank
    this was the only one that worked for me, without resetting
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.