TechSpot

D-link problems

By Pheryllt
Aug 22, 2006
  1. I have a D-Link (DI-524) Router. I also have a modem by 2Wire Gateway. My problem is I can connect to the router but I cant get it to then connect throught the modem.
    Ive tried a few things like Uninstalling BroadJump but it doesnt seem to work.

Also, now I cant even get a wired connection (which I could before, Just not wireless). I went into my D-link settings and changed the WAN to Dynamic PPPoe, and I reset my router and now I cant get back to the settings.

If ANYONE can sort through my chaos please help...

Thanks

2. mikescorpio81

mikescorpio81 TS Rookie Posts: 293

Is your router an Ethernet Router or similar? By that I mean can you put your modem in bridge mode and give the router your PPPOE settings?

3. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

If your modem sends an IP address through the ethernet then set it Dynamic IP address...

4. korrupt

korrupt TS Rookie Posts: 716

I would call your ISP, they can usually help you out and tell you the gateway etc.

Regards,

Korrupt

5. Pheryllt

Pheryllt TS Member Topic Starter Posts: 50

Yes my router is wireless/ethernet wired, But I dont know what you mean by bridging my Modem?

Thanks for the help :)

6. mikescorpio81

mikescorpio81 TS Rookie Posts: 293

You can bridge devices so that for instance a adsl modem bridged with a router/firewall of sorts means the adsl modem is soely responsible for dialing, whereas the router/firewall can use the PPPOE settings.
    A little complex if you dont know what you're doing, so go with the other chap who suggested contacting your ISP :grinthumb

7. N3051M

N3051M TS Evangelist Posts: 2,115

have you actualy run the DLINK's router's setup wizard yet? its quite simple and do let it auto-detect the WAN connection because its usualy right the first time..

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.