Daemon tools and mandrake

Status
Not open for further replies.

ev0l

i've downloaded the mandriva 2006 dvd iso and want to daul boot. i don't have a dvd burner though and am trying to use daemon tools. I searched the installation threads for this but couldn't find anything.

I can get the image mounted and a prompt to install to appear. However when click on the install option it does nothing. i can get some of the options to work (support, online store ..etc) however not the installation.

Is is possible to use daemon tools to install using the dvd iso?

XP professional
athlon 3200
geforce 6600 gt
1 gig ddr
two hard drives. xp loaded on master, other is data only, only one partition a piece.

As a rule, you cannot install an operating system from within another (unless you are using a virtual machine like VMWare). You have to boot from the DVD.

(Well, in theory it is possible to install a dual-boot Linux from Windows, but I don't think anyone has ever put together such a system)

i guess i'll just have to get someone to burn the iso for me.

just a thought tho, i've got an external hard drive, could i set it up to boot off of that by bypassing the harddrive that windows is on and having it boot from the external?

kinda a long shot i know, and thanks for the info.

Yes, Linux is perfectly capable of running off a USB drive. Whether you can actually install Mandriva on it out of the box, is another matter. You can try and tell us about it :)

i'll definately mess around with it as much as possible and let you know ifi have any luck. thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back