Daily Download: MOH Pacific Assault single player demo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio Franco

Staff member
Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault (534 MB) gives players a sense of the courage it took to fight the Imperial Japanese Army from the shock of Pearl Harbor to triumph on the shores of the Tarawa Atoll. Set in the Pacific Theatre of Operations from 1941-1944, players will assume the role of Marine recruit Tom Conlin as he survives the attack on Pearl Harbor, leads the assault on Guadalcanal, and finally charges up the beaches for the climatic battle at Tarawa. Armed with their wits and a variety of authentic weapons, it's up to players to stop the Japanese war machine in its tracks.

This looks pretty good, I will be in line to buy it when it comes out. But, it sure is a short demo, for such a large download. It only runs for maybe six or eight minutes, depending on how aggressive you are. And the load time is probably that long, longer than any game I have ever played, by a long way. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, with intense action in that few minutes of play.

As a side note, on my 9700 Pro, I could not get this game to run good enough to even look at the game play at first. Using Cat. 4.8's and the new ACE Control Center, I had severe stuttering, even at the lowest possible settings on everything. I uninstalled the drivers and the Control Center, and reinstalled the drivers, with the old control panel. The game runs pretty good now with at least decent settings. I don't know, maybe I need a new graphics card, but, I presume this game still has some work to be done, before it is released. Maybe it will run better, for me at least, with the final release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back