Daily random restarts

I just recently built a new PC over the holidays and have been having this issue from the beginning. The problem begins like this - 1. I boot up it posts and loads win7 i am able to use it for about 5-15m before bam it shuts off with no error message just off.. then a few seconds later it boots back up or 2. I boot up and it will post then shut off or shuts off before it posts. At first i believed this to be a mobo issue so I RMA'd my previous one and got a new mobo same issue.. then i was led to believe it was my PSU to i tested it and its working perfectly.. now im stuck and have no idea what to try next any suggestions?

Specs-

OS- Win7 Home (64-bit)

CPU- Intel Core i7-950 Bloomfield 3.06GHz LGA 1366

RAM- CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3

Mobo- EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR LGA 1366

Video-EVGA 01G-P3-1450-TR GeForce GTS 450

Case- COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1

PSU- Thermaltake TR2 W0388RU 600W

HDD- Corsair Force Series 3 CSSD-F90GB3-BK 2.5" 90GB SATA III

Did you apply thermal paste between the CPU and its heat-sink? Too much paste is bad...The motherboard isn't shorting to the case? No over-clocking? Reset the bios to failsafe defaults...

yes i have paste on there its not a ton about the size of a penny spread out. im not over-clocking and ive reset the bios as well, what do you mean by shorting to the case?

Not shorting to the case? Use only standoffs in the places where there are mounting holes in the motherboard. All other standoffs are removed... or not used

Back