TechSpot

Damn Nvidia ! New Vista Drivers For 8800 fan control disabled!!

By Rab2140
Apr 20, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WTF? Can you all believe this? nvidia have disabled fan control for there newest drivers 158,xx i need my fan to spin at 100 or it will over heat can any one suggest a program or a soulution to this oroblem i have alredy tried at tool and riva tuner they dont recognise this new driver dammit!

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Rookie Posts: 2,407   +6

Language please.

Have you tried the new 165 drivers? I think they've been released.

3. Rab2140

Rab2140 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 128

i heard that they were not that good ?

4. Rab2140

Rab2140 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 128

ive tried them still no joy i have tried all the tricks in riva tuner no joy :( what can i do? go back to my old drivers? i have an idea but i do not know how to pull it off sense the fan control in the nvidia cp is wiped away is that because there is is a fan controll dll or other file type there tell it to do that but im thinking if i can find out what that dll file is called that contols the fan control go into my old drivers copy that dll and delete the new dll and replace it with the one i just copied from my old drives hences enabling fan again?

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.