TechSpot

damn those exceptions

By gareth8000
Mar 12, 2006
  1. when i play a few games, i hyave alot of exceptions detected or this *** has encounterd a problem and needs to shut down, any help with this problem, please!!

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :)

3. gareth8000

gareth8000 TS Rookie Topic Starter

well that was no help, but cool, thnx anyhow, as for the minidumps, i have none!!, the system was disabled for some reason :knock:

4. gareth8000

oh well, if you know anything about drivers, please look at my query in the driver section, as this is my main concern, thnx again!! :angel:

5. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Right click my computer and select properties, then the advanced tab. Under startup and recovery, click settings. Make sure under write debugging information, it is set to write a small 64K minidump. Also make sure the overwrite existing file is not ticked. You can also untick the box that says automatically restart. Click ok/apply/ok and restart your computer.

Now when windows crashes, you should see a BSOD telling you what caused the crash. Also, Windows should now write a minidump to the folder C:\windows\minidump.

Regards Howard :)

6. gareth8000

thanks for the information, already done that, vigilante helped out.....if you know anything about drivers can u have a look at my driver problem on the driver forum, thnx in advance, its a gforce 4 ti problem

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.