DANGER: SPYWARE Desktop Spyware

By nortz
Nov 15, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hi all,
    i stupidly got this spyware onto my computer that made my desktop change red saying.... DANGER: SPYWARE, and RazeSpyware links appearing. I was able to get rid of the desktop spyware, but now my desktop is a white htm file that i cannot seem to be able to get rid of.... i need some help, it would be very much appreciated.

heres an image of my desktop.... http://img367.imageshack.us/my.php?image=desktop7qs.jpg
  2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff Newcomer, in training Posts: 8,165

Have you tried to switch Active Desktop off?
    Rightclick on the Desktop, select Properties. If you have a Web tab, UNtick both options.
  3. toffeapple

toffeapple Newcomer, in training Posts: 216

Ive seen this spyware before i think it disables your properties ..in control panel aswell
  4. nortz

nortz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

thats the thing i dont have a web tab in my properties, and the only way i can access my destop properties is by going to the control panel
  5. nortz

nortz Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

i played a bit with the registry and was finally able to get the "web tab" in the desktop properties - desktop - customize desktop, avaliable. i dont really know what i did but its there now. so now my desktop is now back to normal :D. thanks guys for trying to help me out it is very much appreciated.
  6. toffeapple

toffeapple Newcomer, in training Posts: 216

Yeah I repaired it then registery after removing the spyware but it was about a year ago and couldn't remember exactly how to do it so i didn't wanna give you dodgy advice....
    Fair play you showed some initiative and fixed it your self.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.