TechSpot

Dark Souls 2 trailer showcases slew of angry enemies

By Russ Boswell
Jan 15, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Prepare yourselves, a new era of bone crushing, heart pounding, repetition is upon us. The death-filled epic Dark Souls gripped gamers with its grueling, monster-loaded dungeons and macabre landscapes. Now its successor, Dark Souls II, is hopeful to continue the...

Read more

2. davislane1

davislane1 TS Evangelist Posts: 3,566   +2,375

Lookin' good. The only real question here is whether or not it will be as challenging as all of the previews have suggested. My only problem with Dark Souls was that the whole game felt very toned down from Demon's Souls. The primary appeal of the later was how punishing it could be (in the original, each time you died the enemies in a world became stronger). If the same level of "do or die" intensity was present in Dark Souls, it completely alluded me. Nevertheless, the game did polish up many of the issues that existed in the original and this looks like another step in the right direction.

3. jetkami

jetkami TS Booster Posts: 100

Is it me or are the graphics 90's?

4. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

You don't play Dark Souls for the graphics. You play it for the pain.

Although I would prefer that the game was being released on PS4.

davislane1 likes this.
  5. cmbjive

cmbjive TS Booster Posts: 777   +137

Agreed. Demon's Souls was far more difficult than Dark Souls. It took me at least ten tries just to be that oversized knight in the beginning of the game. For comparison, the duo Ornstein and Smough were much easier having taken me only three tries to beat both of them.

Unfortunately, since Sony owns the rights to Demon's Souls and Dark Souls has proven to be more popular than that game I don't see From Software making a sequel to it.

6. "The primary appeal of the later was how punishing it could be (in the original, each time you died the enemies in a world became stronger)."

Which promotes more death runs once you find out where to go.