TechSpot

Das Keyboard launches 'Quiet' mechanical keyboard for office use

By Shawn Knight
May 16, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Das Keyboard, one of the most popular mechanical keyboard manufacturers on the planet, has announced a new model that eliminates the iconic audible feedback they are most known for. The Model S Professional Quiet utilizes Cherry MX Red switches to...

Read more

2. slh28

slh28 TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,925   +170

Um no, Reds are linear and have no tactile feel and is in no way similar to Blues or Browns.

Also not sure why it would cost more, just the "quiet office" marketing I guess.

3. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TS Addict Posts: 890   +171

Without the racket huh? But but but...that sound is the only reason I buy mechanical keyboards ._.

4. umbala

umbala TS Rookie Posts: 19

What will they think of next? A suckless vacuum cleaner? Or maybe an alarm clock with a silent alarm.

5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 3,174   +761

149 bucks for a simple office keyboard eh? What pen pusher is too good to use a rubber dome keyboard?

6. Next we'll hear das making mice with no buttons on them.... oh wait...

7. lipe123

lipe123 TS Guru Posts: 448   +80

Apple already has that trademark =P

Also lmao at the suckless vacuum cleaners! Good on you umbala for making my morning brighter.

8. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TS Evangelist Posts: 2,119   +723

This is a solution in search of a problem. I work in an office and of all the noises I hear all day, keyboard clatter is probably the easiest to ignore.

Kezhen Gao and xcylent like this.
  9. JC713

JC713 TS Evangelist Posts: 7,018   +912

DAS keyboards seem nice. But this (quite version) seems like it ruins the classic clicky mechanical we all know and love.

10. NTAPRO

NTAPRO TS Enthusiast Posts: 811   +91

Always wanted one of these. I love the regular keyboards, but when I'm trying to be quiet, it gets annoying when there's nothing else to drown the sound out lol.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.