Data Corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Per Hansson

Staff member
I have an Abit NF7-S v1.2 mainboard connected to 2x Maxtor D740X hard drives via serial ATA adaptors running RAID-0; I'm using Win2000SP3 with all updates, and Nvidia nForce drivers.

The problem is that I have lots of data corruption, you may say why should I care? Well, thing is that Abit support created a thread in their own forums a month ago asking: "SATA HDD corruption, yes or no?"
That thread has got over 10000 views and 181 replies currently, none of those from Abit...
There is some clear information in that thread about how the problem can be reproduced however Abit has chosen to ignore that. This news post is only intended to put some pressure on Abit, hopefully they will release a fix soon.

man only if i could say what i think right about now about ABIT's forum

That thread has got over 10000 views and 181 replies currently, none of those from Abit...
There is some clear information in that thread about how the problem can be reproduced however Abit has chosen to ignore that. This news post is only intended to put some pressure on Abit, hopefully they will release a fix soon.
I'm with you, Per! I like many aspects of the board, but I did pay money for a RAID board (and the extra Serrilel adaptor)and expect it to function as advertised. To this point in time, I believe ABIT are ignoring their customers and need to do a basic course in customer relations - you don't get respect by ignoring the issue and hoping it will go away....

Many have found its the converters. Native SerialATA Drives (as i have read so far) have no corruption.

Nope, people with native sata also experience corruption. Me too, although I have a pata drive.

And it's only when you have two drives connected to both Serial ATA channels that this happens...

With or without RAID (according to info gathered from that thread)

As one of the contributors to the abit forums thread may i ask that nobody else posts in here stating that it mey be the converters, after hours of testing by many contributors the converters can now be firmly ruled out.I have the same issue and that is after purchasing two SATA drives to try and combat the problem.Previously I ran RAID 0 without issue on the Gigabyte Granite Bay for three months on the same silicon image controller.So please everybody put some pressure on Abit to release a public statement regarding this.
I did email Mike Magee at The Inquirer pointing him to the original Abit Forums thread and I was hoping that someone would bring it to the public domain.

This is the second manufacturer who refuse to acknowledge problems with their boards. I had problems with an MSI KT4 Ultra as did many other users and they failed to come up with any solution or even admit there was a problem.

I am so glad I came across the information on this particular Abit motherboard , as I was actually going to order one today!

I checked out the Abit forums thread after reading information on this problem at The Enquirer website , and that cemented the decision for me - I won't be buying this board no matter what.

I am currently using an Abit KX7-333 motherboard , but Abit's handling of this particular issue has left me less than enthusiastic about purchasing another Abit product - or an Asus.

interesting

i got an asus a7n8x deluxe mboard and im using 2x seagate 120gig sata drives. my secondary sata drive anything i copy across gets corrupted.

not sure if its the same sort of issue as others are experiencing with sata raid but mine isnt running raid its just two standalone drives.

i have yet to test raid to see if it helps but currently i cant use my second drive everything i copy to it gets corrupt.

wonder if anyone else has experienced this issue and on other boards too?

If you read through the thread at Abit Firums, the issue is related to any two drive configuration using the SATA controllers.You can either download the new drivers as a temporary fix, they are listed on the first page, or you can run in single drive mode untill the final solution is posted.
But please take time to read the threads linked to in the first post, this saves threads from becoming overly long and eventually unreadable.All b boards are getting that way now, with people unwilling to read the threads just posting and asking questions that are clearly answered already. You can also use the search facility to find answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back