Data miners discover The Division's mission count, weapons, and DLC clues

midian182

Staff member

While the Division isn’t launching until tomorrow, Reddit data miners have already been digging through the game files of the third-person RPG shooter and discovered some interesting details.

Ubisoft’s title is currently available to pre-load, which has allowed fans to search through it and uncover 200,000 audio files, mission names, cutscene and weapon lists, and references to boss fights and DLCs.

There’s no guarantee that the data is 100 percent accurate and some of the conclusions drawn from it may not be correct, but anyone who wants to play the full game without any spoilers may want to look away.

The most significant detail is that the game will apparently ship with 26 main story missions. There are also several references to Brooklyn, which could either be part of some future DLC or a mission area from the game’s prologue (or both).

Being a shooter, The Division obviously comes with a pretty large arsenal of firearms for players to enjoy. The data miner has produced a handy spreadsheet containing all 139 of them, which includes variations of the classic AK 47, the M4, and Magnum.

A couple of DLC missions have also been discovered; one called ‘The Drones’ and the other ‘Kill the Tank.’ Additionally, there are references to various vehicles found within the game, including waterplanes, APCs, and helicopters with minigun turrets. There are also mentions of a fourth Russian faction called Bratva and suicide dogs, but these may have been cut.

For those who really don’t care about game spoilers, check out the video below that examines all the data that has been mined from The Division, including some end story content found in the audio files.

The Division officially launches on March 8 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

Permalink to story.

Was seriously thinking of getting this until I realized from reviews that the single player is short (2-4 hours was my impression) and that the full game won't truly be released until December when the 3rd major DLC launches. There is PvP - but some reviews said it was fun for about an hour and then it was more fun to just troll (team-kill, suicide, etc.).

Also, I'm PC and all demos and reviews that Ubisoft allowed were on XB1... a sign that usually the game is a port and the PC gamer will have to suffer through bad menu-layouts, poor graphics, and an easier game because Mouse + Keyboard for FPS/TPS makes it a lot easier to kill things.

Maybe I'm spoiled, but when I buy a game - I want the full game. Now if you plan to release a true expansion for another $40-50 two years later - fine, but don't give me half a game and then trickle the rest to me $20 at a time every 2-3 months.

Played in both PS4 betas and condluded the following:

1. The single player will not sell this game.
2. The Dark Zone gameplay will be the only thing worth the price of admission, if the loot is good.
3. The loot has to be good.

Given the leaked information, I'd say this still holds.

The single player is too short and the multi is too aggravating with the people who's fun is making sure you have none.

I'd like a fully developed cpmpleat one player game with no compromises for multi player that I don't play.

The single player is too short and the multi is too aggravating with the people who's fun is making sure you have none.

The no rules format of the PvP is the only thing that distinguishes this game from the pack.

Single player --> Destiny

Multiplayer --> Uncharted/Last of Us

If they had a "fair" multiplayer arena...they would have no game. This is especially true with the brevity of the singleplayer campaign.

Back