Data recovery on FAT partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

davids

Hi, I have a western digital drive using the FAT32 file system, there has been a problem with it, I think maybe the allocation table has been corrupted or something (just guessing) and now all that is visible on the drive is lost file fragments (millions of them).

I have run "R-undelete" (http://www.r-undelete.com/) and it is able to find actual files - so I guess they are still there, however, there seems to be too many files for R-undelete to cope with because it keeps crashing out.

To get to the point, can anyone recommend a good undelete program that I can download (and not too expensive) or any other ideas on how to recover the files??

WinDoWsMoNoPoLy
I would much prefer to do that, but the drive belongs to someone else and they are hoping to rescue their data.

lukeyu
Thanks for the link, I have ran that program and it looks as though it has recovered most of the files.

Il let you know the outcome when I pay for the program...

Thanks alot lukeyu, that program worked a treat. it actually found 127gb of data on the 127gb drive! And it seems to have recovered pretty much everything i needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back