Data Recovery Possible?

Friends and neighbors, last March I had such a system crash that, due to the number of bad HD sectors, I had to replace the HD. The HD with my various tools was not even detectable. My system ran Windows 7 64-Bit and IE9. The computer is an MSI notebook. Anyway, while doing some searching to diagnose another problem, I registered for this site after seeing Puppy Linux, whose page I saved to my Favorites. Having kept the old HD, in case I could salvage any data, is it possible for me to use Puppy Linux on that old HD? Thanks. Your answers will be a great help.

Hey Louis. We don't know how bad the drive is, but you can try putting the drive in a USB enclosure, formatting it, then install Puppy Linux on it, since apparently Puppy Linux doesn't require a lot of space and can also be run from RAM according to the Wikipedia link.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_Linux

It is possible to recover data or files. You have to install 3rd party software like Recuva Data recovery tool. If no new data in those address is assigned the recovery is possible.

Dear Martina, I appreciate your helpfulness; but are you saying that I don't need Puppy Linux? If you follow my thread, all my existing tools did not detect that drive, including the menus that come up before Windows 7 loads by hitting F8. So, I would need some order for the steps I execute for whatever software I need to test this drive, whether it be Puppy Linux or Recuva Data.

Back