Dawn of War III Review

Everything after dark crusade has been a miss for me on warhammer. I think I might have to start playing that again just for old times sake.

I played about 2 dozen games between closed and open Beta and thought the game was giant let down. The elites were far too powerful and infantry seemed pointless once you are pushing to end the game. I wish they would of just gone back to the original DOW or made it play like DOW2 cause what they did here just feels half assed.

Likewise, DoW Dark Crusade was the last DoW game I enjoyed and still play today. Soulstorm and DoW 2 were boring and I never finished them. However I prefer single player where I can decide on my own speed (turtle or rush) whereas multiplayer and later DoW games just want you to rush the enemy. I think this game is not for me.

"The accumulation of those resources are also handled differently. There’s no harvesting here, as the only real way to get hold of the power you need to build units is by first controlling certain points on the map, then building extractor buildings on top of them."

That is exactly how the previous Dawn of War games worked. Other than THAT, however, this is not a DOW game in any respect.

Back