Ddr2 ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

LinkedKube

to run dual channel do I have to have my sticks in slots 1 and 3? Right now I have my sticks in 1 and 2 right next to each other. They still register as 2 gigs

In most cases, you need memory in the same-colored slots in order to ensure dual-channel mode. If it's a newer Asus, chances are you have two yellow slots and two black slots. Make sure you have dual-sticks (same size) in the same color slots for dual-channel.

The best way to tell without opening the case is to download/run CPU-Z and check the "Channels #" for Dual. If it's not Dual, then you can swap your memory around to get this working.

dual channel does not mean you will get double the memory, it means nearly 50% faster speed. You need to RTFM to determine what slots to use. Normally they are color coded.

The majority of errors pertaining to Dual Channel DDR2 Ram come from not reading the manual. The manual will give you the required schematic on how to install the RAM and recommend which types are peferred (timings), Thus, this should rectify the problem.

yeah thanks, all of you are right. I read the manual again. It was a bit confusing. It says two sticks will run in slots A1 and A2, which is funny, because it displayed them right next to each other. I ran cpuz and it said single channel, so I switched over 1 and 3 slot locations and go dual channel set up. Dumb Asus book. thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back