Dead computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

striderx240

So I have this computer with a dead PSU so I switched it with a new one, but nothing happened. I hear it turn on, the fans turns on, but there isn't any moniter response.

Could be a faulty motherboard, processor or accessory. Try unplugging any PCI cards, extra hard drives and even try removing memory (you will need at least some to start the machine).

All of these thingscould cause the symptoms,

Not good news.
Take all the cards and memory off the board and try again. If you get a string of beeps you have some sort of life. If no beeps the motherboard is dead - probably fried when the 1st PSU failed. Sh1t happens - sorry.
If you get the beeps, refit the memory and try again - you should still get beeps but this time they are telling you to fit a vga card (if not onboard). Keep putting things back until you find the culprit - that too may have been fried.

You could have said that in the first series of posts you made about this computer, and the answer would have been pretty easy. If you do end up getting a new motherboard for this computer (likely in this case) you'll also have to replace the heatsink thermal paste to keep your processor heat down. The only reason I didn't mention that earlier was a lack of thermal paste wouldn't usually keep your video card from working.

oh cinders this is a different computer, my other post was for my current computer, this computer with the dead psu is an old computer.

My apologies for sounding testy in my previous post. I incorrectly assumed that this was the same computer as in the other thread.

hello please help i have dell latitude d620 and i lost my biose password
service tag #GQ6ZG2J-595B
express servic 364-123-694-35-
order n:076427438
please help and thinks
email : email removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back